Monday, July 15, 2013

Today is going to be the best day ever!

My good friends and neighbors are back from their vacation in France, my sweet little Lil is back from a week at summer camp and I am back home from a weekend with family and friends in my very hot home town. I woke up this morning to the crisp coastal air with a renewed sense of passion for life and all the aspects that come with it. I was lucky enough to find a passion in sewing, especially in soft toy making and I am more determined then ever to share that passion. I am hoping this new video tutorial series that I will be introducing tomorrow will help inspire all of you to try something new and take some control of your children's playtime.
I was playing around with new fabrics when this little monster was born.



 As a parent I try to be as aware as possible. I like knowing where our food comes from, what I can't grow I like to get a local farmers markets. I also try to repurpose or make most of out clothing, if not just for the economics of it I like knowing that I had a major hand in what they put on and in their body. I know many of you are the same way, but it wasn't to long ago that I found myself falling short with the very things that help shape their little minds, toys. My house was littered with cheap plastic toys that would fall apart after one use, often made from mysterious materials from far away and rarely had any positive nurturing aspects. It was sometime in 2010 when I made my first cloth doll and I was hooked.








 I've made my fair share of "boo-boos", but I've learned so much along the way and I want to share that knowledge and the joy of knowing that you created your child's first best friend.
Today and everyday will the best days ever, even on the bad ones, making something with a smile can turn it completely around.
This is "Blu" he is a favorite around this house, he has a way to always put a smile on even the grumpiest of faces.

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, blu is adorable! he made me smile! ~ laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I look forward to sharing how to make him, he was delightfully simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blu is awesome! His expression is simple but contagious! :-)

    ReplyDelete